A New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney Discusses the Zimmer Durom Cup Hip Socket Implant
The Zimmer Durom Cup hip socket is a metal-on-metal hip implant. The hip implants were designed for younger and more active patients who had a need for a stronger hip implant that could last longer than traditional hip implants. However, problems with the implant soon appeared, linking the implant to debilitating injuries. If you believe you have been injured by the implant, you will want to work with a New Jersey personal injury attorney to learn about your options for recovering damages.
Zimmer Durom Cup Complications
The Zimmer Durom Cup was revolutionary at the time, as the implant was designed for bone to grow around the implant, holding it in place without the need for cement. However, the plasma coating that was to stimulate bone growth allegedly did not always work. As a result, the implant often did not properly attach or seal with the bone. A New Jersey personal injury lawyer can tell you that this failure could cause sharp pain for patients as the artificial hip would sometimes float and damage nearby areas.
Many patients who received the hip implant had to receive corrective surgery to remove the implant. Some complications associated with the defective hip include:
- Severe pain
- Tissue death
- Loosening of the hip implant
- Vertigo and headaches
- Bone loss
How a New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured by a Zimmer hip implant, an experienced attorney can help you in several ways:
- Review Your Claim. Your attorney can work with your physicians and other experts to review your claim. This can include examining your health before the implant and the complications that arose after the implant.
- File a Claim. Filing a product liability lawsuit can involve lots of paperwork and communications with the court and opposing parties. An experienced New Jersey personal injury lawyer can help you navigate this process.
- Estimate Damages. You may be entitled to a wide range of damages, ranging from medical costs to lost income and pain and suffering. The amount of damages you can collect is an individual determination and you will want to talk to an attorney to learn what you can collect.
- Represent You in Court. If you have suffered injuries, you will want an advocate on your side that will defend your rights.
Contact a New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney
If you believe that you have been injured due to a Zimmer Durom Cup hip socket implant, contact New Jersey personal injury attorney Gerald H. Clark at 877-841-8855.