Mark W. Morris, Esq.
Mark W. Morris is a senior trial attorney who has prosecuted numerous cases to verdict involving motor vehicle collisions, products liability injuries and premises liability claims. Mark devotes 80% of his practice to representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters and 20% of his practice to representing individuals in consumer fraud class action type claims.
Mark represents people injured as the result of motor vehicle crashes, pedestrian versus motor vehicle crashes, trip and fall or slip and fall matters, persons injured by defective and/or dangerous products, persons hurt as the result of construction site OSHA safety rules violations, burn victims, dog bite victims, assault victims and persons suffering losses as the result of fraudulent and/or deceptive business practices. Mark heads the firm’s Consumer Rights Division.
Among numerous other settlements and verdicts throughout his career, in 2018, Mark settled a construction site products liability matter for $975,000. In 2019, he resolved a negligent security case for $1,000,000. In 2020 he settled a negligent security case where a concert patron was injured by a stage diver for the full insurance policy limits of $2,000,000.
Mark has also played a role in helping the Clark Law Firm achieve many multi-million dollar settlements and jury verdicts including a $2,579,000 jury verdict for a worker who was backed up over by a utility truck while working on the New Jersey Turnpike.
Additionally, Mark has achieved the following notable results for his clients:*
- $2,000,000 Settlement for Concert Patron Injured by Stage Diver
- $1,325,000 settlement for motorist who was struck head on by an intoxicated driver
- $1,000,000 settlement involving claims of negligent security
- $975,000 for worker injured in a construction products liability incident
- $675,000 for driver who sustained a neck injury after she was t-boned at an intersection
- $450,000 Court award for client who suffered a knee injury due to a dangerous condition on the property she and her family were renting
- $400,000 recovery for passenger who suffered pelvic injuries which did not require surgery after t-bone collision
- $400,000 settlement after mediation for mother who sustained lower back injuries after she was struck by tractor trailer
- $375,000 for department store trip and fall where elderly patron later developed a brain bleed
- $350,000 for non-operated neck and back injuries suffered after defendant made a left turn in front of client’s vehicle causing a collision
- $337,500 for client who suffered shoulder injury after falling over a raised paver on defendant business owner’s property
- $300,000 settlement for worker in a construction site OSHA safety rules violation case who fell nine feet and suffered an ankle injury
- $300,000 settlement for driver who was rear ended by a dump truck and sustained a shoulder injury
- $257,500 for client injured in a workplace products liability incident
- $225,000 Settlement for Mother Hit and Injured on the Garden State Parkway
- $225,000 for patron who sustained a lower leg injury at a home improvement store
- $217,500 for un-operated ankle injury suffered when client fell from husband’s motorcycle following a collision with another vehicle
- $205,300 award for client who suffered an orbital fracture and injuries to his teeth during an assault
- $200,000 car crash settlement mid-way through trial after defendant’s had previously offered plaintiff with collar bone injury $0
- $180,000 for client who broke leg after he rear-ended a tractor trailer who allegedly did not activate its hazard lights while stopped on the side of the road
- $175,000 for worker who suffered injuries to his toes while on a construction site
- $150,000 for forehead scar after defendant driver ran a red light
- $150,000 for orbital fracture with disputed liability
- $145,000 settlement for client who sustained ankle injury when she tripped and fell due to poor lighting in an apartment stairwell
- $115,000 pre-suit settlement for client who was bit on the lip by a neighbor’s dog
- $106,000 for tenant who sustained an ankle injury when she slipped and fell on a loose brick at her rental property
- $100,000 full policy limits for chest bruising caused by seatbelt
- $100,000 full policy limits settlement for pedestrian who defendant driver claimed darted out in front of her
- $95,000 day of trial for client burned by candle at a banquet hall
Mark leads the firm’s Consumer Rights Division which prosecutes state and nationwide consumer class action claims, representing consumers who otherwise would have no recourse against businesses employing misleading and/or fraudulent sales practices. Mark has served as lead and local counsel in class action cases against pharmaceutical companies, retail giants and other large businesses. Mark’s work in consumer fraud and products liability cases has brought him to New Orleans, Indianapolis, California, Maryland and upstate New York and he has litigated in both state and federal courts throughout New Jersey as well as the Southern District of New York.
For more than six-years, Mark worked on an obsolete motor oil class action that resulted in a 2021 settlement valued at $28,500,000 to consumers. Mark also resolved a consumer fraud class action matter alleging misleading business practices relating to the service of process at a value of $1,000,000 to consumers with $50,000 a year in value in perpetuity.
Mark handles all aspects of litigation from client intake, depositions, motion practice, arbitration and mediation through trial. Mark has also won several cases before the Appellate Division including a default judgment matter involving a substantial award Defendant sought to have vacated.
New Jersey, 2015
United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2015
Rutgers School of Law – Newark, J.D., Class of 2014
University of Delaware, B.A., Class of 2011, English Major, Political Science Minor
Honors and Awards
Selected to SuperLawyers 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 Rising Stars List (Less than 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to receive this honor)
Identified as a “Top 40 Under 40” Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyer in New Jersey by the National Trial Lawyers Organization since 2019
Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, 2014 – 2015, Law Clerk – Appellate Division
President, Trustees, Manasquan United Methodist Church, 2015 – 2022
Regular Donor to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
*Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.