Mark W. Morris, Esq.
Mark W. Morris is a seasoned trial attorney who has prosecuted numerous cases to verdict involving motor vehicle collisions, products liability injuries and premises liability claims. Mark devotes 80% of his practice to representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters and 20% of his practice to representing individuals in consumer fraud class action type claims.
Mark represents people injured as the result of motor vehicle collisions, pedestrian versus motor vehicle crashes, trip and fall or slip and fall matters, persons injured by defective and/or dangerous products, persons hurt as the result of construction site OSHA safety rules violations, burn victims, dog bite victims, assault victims and persons suffering losses as the result of fraudulent and/or deceptive business practices.
Among numerous other settlements and verdicts throughout his career, in 2018, Mark settled a construction site products liability matter for $975,000. In 2019, he resolved a negligent security case for $1,000,000. Mark has also played a role in helping the Clark Law Firm achieve many multi-million dollar settlements and jury verdicts.
Mark has achieved the following notable results for his clients:
- $350,000 for non-operated neck and back injuries suffered after defendant made a left turn in front of client’s vehicle causing a collision
- $180,000 for client who broke leg after he rear-ended a tractor trailer who allegedly did not activate its hazard lights while stopped on the side of the road
- $150,000 for orbital fracture with disputed liability
- $100,000 full policy limits for chest bruising caused by seatbelt
- $300,000 settlement for worker in a construction site OSHA safety rules violation case who fell nine feet and suffered an ankle injury
- $95,000 for client burned by candle at a banquet hall
- $337,500 for client who suffered shoulder injury after falling over a raised paver on defendant business owner’s property
- $975,000 for worker injured in a construction products liability incident
- $257,500 for client injured in a workplace products liability incident
- $115,000 pre-suit settlement for client who was bit on the lip by a neighbor’s dog
- $217,500 for un-operated ankle injury suffered when client fell from husband’s motorcycle following a collision with another vehicle
- $175,000 for worker who suffered injuries to his toes while on a construction site
- $1,000,000 settlement involving claims of negligent security
- $450,000 Court award for client who suffered a knee injury due to a dangerous condition on the property she and her family were renting
- $205,300 award for client who suffered an orbital fracture and injuries to his teeth during an assault
Mark also acts as local counsel and co-counsel in state and nationwide consumer class action claims, representing consumers who otherwise would have no recourse against businesses employing misleading and/or fraudulent sales practices. His work in consumer fraud and products liability cases has brought him to New Orleans, Indianapolis, California, Maryland and upstate New York and he has litigated in both state and federal courts throughout New Jersey.
Mark handles all aspects of litigation from client intake, depositions, motion practice, arbitration and mediation through trial. Mark has also won several cases before the Appellate Division including a default judgment matter involving a substantial award Defendant sought to have vacated.
New Jersey, 2015
United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2015
Rutgers School of Law – Newark, J.D., Class of 2014
University of Delaware, B.A., Class of 2011, English Major, Political Science Minor
Honors and Awards
Selected to SuperLawyers 2019 Rising Stars List (Less than 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to receive this honor)
Identified as a “Top 40 Under 40” Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyer in New Jersey by the National Trial Lawyers Organization
Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, 2014 – 2015, Law Clerk – Appellate Division
President, Trustees, Manasquan United Methodist Church, 2015 – Present