A New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney Discusses Transvaginal Mesh
Transvaginal mesh has been used to treat many health conditions since the 1950s, such as hernia, incontinence, and pelvic organ prolapse. The artificial mesh strengthens, reinforces, and replaces tissue in the vaginal wall. However, while transvaginal mesh was initially lauded, a New Jersey personal injury attorney can tell you that it has now been linked to many significant complications and health risks.
Medical Complications of Transvaginal Mesh
In recent years, transvaginal mesh use has been associated with a variety of negative health effects. These can include:
- Pain while urinating
- Painful sexual relations
- Urinary retention
- Prolapsed organs
- Mesh erosion and exposure to the vagina, bladder, uterus, and intestines
- Contraction of the mesh
These complications can result in pain, bleeding, scarring, and neuromuscular problems. If you have suffered any of these side effects due to a transvaginal mesh, you will want to talk to a New Jersey personal injury lawyer to learn about your options for potentially recovering damages.
How a New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
It can be very difficult proving and winning a transvaginal mesh lawsuit. Lawsuits involving complex medical devices can be very intricate and there may be problems showing a direct link between the transvaginal mesh and a current health problem.
However, an experienced attorney can work with you and help to build your case. For example, a New Jersey personal injury lawyer can help you through the following steps:
- Review Medical Records. Your lawyer can review your medical records before the transvaginal mesh was implanted and compare them to medical complications following the implant.
- Correspond With Drug Manufacturers and Physicians. Drug companies with their deep wallets may attempt to bully you out of a lawsuit. Your attorney can handle these unpleasant conversations and maintain correspondence.
- Calculate Damages. Complications from transvaginal mesh can result in much more than medical bills. You may also be entitled to lost wages, pain and suffering, compensation for decrease in quality of life, and other damages.
- Advocate for Your Rights. Your attorney will stand by you and fight for your rights.
Contact a New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured due to transvaginal mesh use, contact New Jersey personal injury attorney Gerald H. Clark at 877-841-8855.