Neptune Township Fall Down Accident Lawyer Discusses Fall Down Stairs Accidents
Every day New Jersey residents walk up and down stairs; whether they are going to work, walking to their car in a garage, or exiting a restaurant or nightclub. At Clark Law Firm, we have handled many cases where unsuspecting NJ residents have injured themselves while falling down stairs. If you or a loved one was injured in New Jersey in Monmouth County, call us to speak to a Neptune Township fall-down accident lawyer today at 1-877-841-8855.
Five Hazards that May Cause a Fall Down the Stairs Accident in New Jersey
- Safety was compromised in the construction of the stairs: unfortunately, not all stairs are built with adherence to safety standards. We have seen this in the construction industry when are trying to save a few dollars. One outcome of compromising safety could possibly lead to the stairs being an irregular step size, which can cause a person to lose their balance and increase the risk of a fall.
- A foreign object was dropped on the stairs: foreign objects can consist of many different items. A foreign object dropped on the stairs could be a marble or a child’s toy that was left on the stairs. It could also be a dropped food particle or a spilled drink. In New Jersey, it is the responsibility of property owners as well as businesses to ensure that the stairways and staircases are kept clean without any foreign objects on the stairs.
- Stairs that create an optical illusion: can also be a threat to the person who was walking down the stairs. We handled a fall down the stairs case, in which a woman who was exiting a local restaurant fell down the stairs because of an optical illusion. It was later determined that there were yellow visual contrast lines painted on every step except the top landing. As a result, the woman fell down the stairs and injured herself. It was also determined that the stairs violated three safety violations. To watch the video of the optical illusion stairs and learn more about this case, click here. There were yellow visual contrast lines painted on every step except the top landing.
- Slippery or oily stairs: in New Jersey, rain and snow can create dangerous situations for people who are walking down the stairs. Furthermore, liquids spilled on stairs can cause the stairs to become slippery. Furthermore, any oily residue may also result in a tragic fall for a person who steps on it.
- Poor lighting: having proper lighting in staircases and stairways is essential to the safety of others. Poor lighting can contribute to a fall anywhere; however, nightclubs and bars pose even more of a hazard when it comes to walking down stairs.
It is Important to Determine if the Stairs Were Defective or if Negligence Contributed to the Accident
We recently handled a case where a mother of four was walking down the stairs of a residential property and injured herself as she fell down the stairs. As we did our due diligence on this case, it was determined that the absence of adequate markings or visual cues to indicate the cement platform led to the accident.
Learn How a Neptune Township Fall Down Lawyer Can Help You With Your Case
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you with the investigation process. The investigation process may include gathering evidence and identifying who may be liable for your injury and much more.
An NJ injury attorney can also help with obtaining expert testimony. These experts come in handy when it comes to building a case for your fall. They may be able to testify what conditions are considered dangerous or what may have contributed to the fall.
A fall-down injury lawyer can also help you with dealing with your insurance provider. One of the benefits of having a knowledgeable injury lawyer on your side is that they will be able to negotiate on your behalf and advocate for getting justice for your injuries.
A NJ personal injury lawyer can also represent you in court if the case has to go to trial. A trial attorney will present your case to a judge and jury and fight for justice on your behalf.
Learn How a Neptune Township Fall Down Accident Lawyer Can Help You if You Have Been Injured in a Fall
If you’ve suffered a fall down the stairs and injured yourself it is important to speak to a knowledgeable New Jersey lawyer who can determine if you have a case. If the stairs were defective or negligence was involved, you may have a case. Call Clark Law Firm P.C. today 1t 1-877-841-8855 to speak to a Neptune Township fall-down accident lawyer. You can also chat with us online about your injury.